This is just a sampling of press coverage!
If you know of others, email us.
Paul Ryan's nightmare budget - December 1, 2016
Rally at and inside Paul Ryan's office in Washington DC, protesting his proposed cuts to global domestic healthcare and Medicaid.
- The Body - "D.C. Fights Back, ACT UP Philadelphia, Health GAP, Vocal New York, Student Global AIDS Campaign, American Medical Student Association, Treatment Action Group and Universities Allied for Essential Medicine collaborated to deliver their message of grave concern over projected changes in government spending for domestic and global health and HIV care."
- Washington Blade - "Jose de Marco of ACT UP Philly expressed frustration that HIV/AIDS care is now in jeopardy after having come to Washington many times in the last 20 years to call for putting those federal programs in place. 'In 2016, I should not be here fighting for things we have already won,” de Marco said. “If you look at this disease today, who’s affected? It’s black folks and brown folks. Blacks and Latinos across this globe at a time in 2016 when we’re being shot down like dogs by police, we have to worry about medication to keep alive. It makes no sense.'”
Democratic National Convention protests - july 2016
- Philadelphia Inquirer - "In an afternoon protest outside Hillary Clinton's Center City campaign headquarters, a familiar message - stop police violence against minorities - was delivered by an unexpected messenger: ACT UP."
- Joe My God - "New York and Philadelphia chapters of ACT UP, the AIDS Coalition To Unleash Power, teamed up with allies UAEM (Universities Allied for Essential Medicines) and The Other 98% to stage a tug-of-war with pharma bro’s outside Hillary Clinton’s Philadelphia campaign headquarters ahead of the Democratic National Convention."
- Common Dreams - "Anti-Pharma activists fired a shot across the DNC’s bow today by running a full-page ad in the Philadelphia Daily News calling out Democrats (and Republicans) on their collusion with drug corporations."
World AIDS Day 2015 - December 1, 2015
ACT UP co-hosted World AIDS Day remarks with the Pennsylvania Physician General
- Penn Live - "Jose De Marco of Philadelphia-based Prevention Point said he agreed with Levine that medical care and medicines that extend life are accessible regardless of income. However, he said he would like to see newly-diagnosed people who rely on government help connected to the medical care immediately. He also asked for expanded access to a drug that can be taken daily by people at high risk of HIV exposure to prevent them from becoming infection. De Marco and other advocates further cited a need for housing programs for homeless people being treated for HIV or AIDS, saying homelessness disrupts their medical care and also makes them vulnerable to being sexually exploited and spreading HIV."
trick or treatment - 0ctober 30, 2015
March and rally to the Pennsylvania Health Department and Governor Wolf's office in Harrisburg demanding a commitment to End AIDS by 2020
- WITF via the AP - "A group of AIDS activists from Philadelphia is urging Governor Tom Wolf to take steps to try to slow the spread of the disease in Pennsylvania."
A sampling of our previous media coverage